Ready in only 5 minutes, this creamy vegan cashew queso recipe is deliciously satisfying. The possibilities are endless with this queso: use it as a chip dip, a topping for tacos or salads, and more.
Vegan Cashew Queso Ingredients
- 1 cup raw cashews
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
How to Make Vegan Cashew Queso
? Step 1: Blend
Add all of the ingredients along with ¾ cup hot water to a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. If needed, add additional water 1 tablespoon at a time until queso reaches desired consistency.
? Step 2: Taste Test
Taste and adjust flavors if desired. For example, add more hot sauce for a spicier queso.
? Step 3: Serve
Serve as a dip for chips or use as a topping. Optionally, garnish with chopped cilantro.
Tips for This Recipe:
One of the best parts of this recipe is that you can easily tweak it to fit your own tastes. Here's how adjustments with the ingredients can change the recipe:
- To make it thicker: add more cashews
- To make it thinner: add more water
- To make it spicier: add more hot sauce (this recipe has a medium spice level as-is)
- To make it 'cheesier:' add more nutritional yeast
How to Store Cashew Queso:
- In the fridge: store in an airtight container for up to 6 - 7 days.
- In the freezer: store in an airtight container for up to 1 month. Thaw for 24 hours and then reheat in a saucepan on the stove or in the microwave.