This Italian Chopped Salad recipe is loaded with all of your favorite Italian-inspired ingredients like salami, mozzarella, parmesan and more! Plus all of the ingredients are chopped so that every bite gets maximum flavor.
About This Recipe
The best part of this recipe is the texture. If you've never had a chopped salad before then this recipe is here to show you what you've been missing! A 'chopped salad' simply means that all of the ingredients get finely chopped. It's easy to eat and every bite gets just the right amount of each ingredient.
This Italian chopped salad is loaded with bold Italian flavors. It's fresh, crunchy, and the big variety of ingredients makes it so satisfying.
The recipe includes a simple homemade Italian Vinaigrette, but you can also use your favorite store-bought version instead.
Italian Chopped Salad Ingredients:
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe. The full recipe and ingredient list can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Cherry tomatoes
- Mozzarella pearls
- Red onion
- Olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- Garlic powder
- Red pepper flakes
- Salt & pepper
Here are a few popular substitutions and additions to this recipe:
- Radicchio: this is a purple cabbage-looking vegetable found next to the lettuce in the grocery store. It's a little bitter and spicy and popular in Italian cuisine. If you can't track it down at your local store, feel free to skip it in this recipe.
- Tomatoes: any type of tomato can be used.
- Salami: you can use any type of salami or substitute summer sausage.
- Provolone: this is a popular addition to this salad!
- Pepperoncini: these are found in the condiment aisle. You can also use banana peppers.
How to Make Italian Chopped Salad
This salad is incredibly easy to make in 2 simple steps:
- Mix together your dressing ingredients.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle as much of dressing as preferred on top and toss to mix. Serve immediately.
About The Dressing
This recipe includes an easy homemade Italian Vinaigrette but you can swap it out for your favorite store bought version. The dressing also uses a sprinkle of red pepper flakes. These are optional but add some mild spice and make it more of a 'Zesty Italian Dressing.'
Other dressing options:
This recipe would be tasty with a number of dressings! Feel free to swap it out for your favorite one. Here are a few examples:
- Red wine vinaigrette
- Garlic herb vinaigrette
- Any Italian or Greek vinaigrette dressing
How to Serve this Recipe
This recipe is hearty enough to serve as a main course but also popular as an appetizer. You could also meal prep it as lunch for the week, or turn it into a sandwich or wrap.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge. If you store the lettuce, toppings, and dressing separate you can keep this salad good for about 4 - 5 days. If you mix your salad and then store it, it will become soggy after about a day.
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment & rating at the bottom of this page!Print
Disclaimer: please note that nutrition information is calculated to the best of our ability but will vary depending on the individual products and exact amounts used.