This easy antipasto salad recipe is loaded with fresh Italian flavors. It’s a simple salad that always looks and tastes impressive! This recipe is also naturally gluten-free and keto friendly.
What is Antipasto Salad?
The word antipasto in Italian means ‘starter course’ or appetizer. Some traditional ingredients of Italian antipasto dishes include cheeses, cured meats, olives, and more.
Antipasto salad takes these classic Italian ingredients and combines them with lettuce to make a tasty salad.
Here’s an overview of what you need to make this recipe plus popular substitutions:
- 6 cups chopped Romaine lettuce (about 1 – 2 Romaine hearts, depending on size)
- ¾ cup cherry tomatoes, halved (or grape tomatoes)
- ½ cup green olives (or substitute the green & black olives for 1 cup of an olive medley)
- ½ cup black olives
- 2 ounces salami, chopped (I prefer Genoa salami, but any will work)
- ¼ cup sliced red onion
- ¾ cup crumbled feta cheese (or cubed provolone, mozzarella)
What Dressing Is Best?
This recipe recommends using Italian dressing, but you could use any light vinaigrette (like balsamic vinaigrette).
There is a recipe for a light Italian dressing at the bottom of this page, or you can use your favorite store bought version.
How to Make Antipasto Salad
This recipe is super simple! You can make it in a large serving bowl and have it ready to go in about 10 minutes.
First, you’ll create a base out of the chopped lettuce. Then you’ll add all of your antipasto ingredients and then drizzle and toss your salad with the dressing.
This recipe can be served as a main dish, appetizer or side salad.
How to Store Antipasto Salad
- In the fridge: store in an airtight container in the fridge up to 3 – 5 days.
- In the freezer: it’s not recommended to freeze this recipe.
- Make it ahead of time: to make this recipe ahead of time, prepare your lettuce, dressing, and toppings separately. Assemble the salad just before serving.
Did you make this recipe? Let us know how it turned out in the comments below! We love to hear your feedback!Print