This strawberry banana smoothie recipe is thick, creamy, and fresh. It's a classic recipe that's made with only 4 ingredients and ready in 5 minutes!
This smoothie recipe is so fresh and tasty that you'll be craving it as a go-to breakfast. It's easy to make (just add everything to your blender) and the classic combination of strawberry + bananas is so satisfying.
Made with only 4 ingredients, this is a healthy smoothie that can also be made with dairy or dairy-free. It's also super versatile: mix it up by adding your favorite protein powder, a handful of greens, or a mix of different fruits.
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe. The full recipe card and ingredient list can be found at the bottom of the page.
- 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 fresh banana cut into chunks
- 1 cup almond milk or any type of milk
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt
Step 1: Add Fruit to Blender
Add the frozen strawberries and bananas to the bottom of your blender.
Step 2: Add Remaining Ingredients
Add the remaining ingredients to the blender.
Step 3: Blend
Blend until smooth. Enjoy!
- Strawberries: change up the flavor of this smoothie by using a frozen fruit mix that includes strawberries (mixed berries, tropical mix, mango/strawberry, etc.).
- Milk: any type of milk will work in this recipe! You can use dairy-free alternatives like almond, oat or cashew milk; or opt for a creamy whole milk.
- Yogurt: plain greek yogurt makes this smoothie thick and creamy, but you can substitute for any type of yogurt (including a dairy-free yogurt)
- Honey: to sweeten up your smoothie, add 2 - 3 tablespoons of honey. Maple syrup. can also be used as a sweetener.
- How to freeze: freeze your leftovers into blocks and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. A container like these Souper Cubes works great for freezing leftover or meal-prepped smoothies into cubes.
Frequently Asked Questions
To make a thicker smoothie, use less liquid (milk) or add more fruit (like banana). More frozen fruit will also make your smoothie thicker, for example using frozen bananas (instead of fresh).
This smoothie comes out creamy and thick by using a fresh banana but you can also freeze the banana for an even thicker texture.
Adding chia seeds to your smoothie is a tasty way to add a boost of nutrients to your day. You can add the chia seeds (about 1 tablespoon) directly into your blender or stir them into your smoothie once it's poured.
I find that the seeds tend to stick to my blender, so I add them to my poured smoothie and then let it sit for a few minutes so that they can 'gel'.
For more healthy breakfast recipes, check out these reader favorites:Print