This easy buffalo chicken salad is made with a delicious mix of creamy ranch dressing, spicy chicken, and crunchy, fresh toppings. It's a fun, flavorful recipe that will make you re-think how tasty a salad can be (incredibly good)!
Buffalo Chicken Salad Ingredients
Here's what you'll need to make this recipe. The full recipe and ingredient list can be found at the bottom of the page.
- Chicken breasts
- Hot sauce
- Cherry tomatoes
- Shredded carrots
- Red onion
- Blue cheese crumbles
- Corn (caned & fresh)
- Plain greek yogurt
- Garlic powder
- Onion powder
- Dried dill
- Lemon juice
How to Make Buffalo Chicken Salad
Here's how to make this recipe in 5 simple steps:
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 thin chicken cutlets. Add chicken to ½ cup hot sauce and marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- Add all of the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and blend until smooth. Add water (start with 1 tablespoon) until it reaches your desired consistency.
- Add the chicken (without any excess hot sauce) to a large skillet over medium high heat. Cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through to 165°F. The sauce will brown. Move the chicken around or cover the pan if it browns excessively.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and let it rest for about 10 minutes. Slice into thin strips.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Here's some of the most popular substitutions and additions for this recipe:
- Hot sauce:
- Blue cheese:
About The Dressing
This recipe uses an easy homemade greek yogurt based ranch dressing! You can swap it out for your favorite recipe or use a store-bought alternative.
This recipe would be tasty with a variety of different dressings. Creamy dressings will work best to balance out the spice of the chicken.
- Any type of ranch dressing
- Blue cheese dressing (the recipe already uses blue cheese!)
- Chipotle ranch (will give it even more of a spicy kick)
How to Serve
This recipe is most popular served as a main course and makes about 4-5 servings. It can be served with the chicken warm or cold. This recipe is also tasty served in a wrap or on a sandwich.
For more of our popular chicken salads, check out these reader favorites:
If you make this recipe, be sure to leave a comment & rating at the bottom of this page!Print