This Southwest Chicken Salad is full of bold, bright flavors and drizzled with THE BEST creamy cilantro lime dressing. It's a salad that's always a hit and that you'll never get tired of!
- 2 chicken breasts
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- ⅓ red onion, sliced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup sliced mini sweet peppers (or 1 bell pepper)
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
Cilantro Lime Dressing:*
- 1 ½ cups cilantro leaves & stems
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt (use full-fat, not low-fat)
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water
- In a small bowl, mix together the paprika, garlic powder, salt and pepper. Sprinkle this mixture onto both sides of the chicken breasts.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook, covered, 5 - 6 minutes on each side. The chicken should be cooked through and no longer pink in the middle.
- Add the dressing ingredients to a blender or food processor and pulse until smooth. If your dressing is too thick, add more water. If your dressing is too thin, add more yogurt.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle over as much of the dressing as preferred and toss to coat. Start with 1/2 of the dressing and add more if desired.
*Dressing: you can also use a store-bought version of this dressing or use a different dressing (like cilantro lime vinaigrette or creamy avocado dressing).
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe, including dressing
- Calories: 454
- Sugar: 9.4g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Fat: 23.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.7g
- Carbohydrates: 34.3g
- Fiber: 9.5
- Protein: 31.7g
- Cholesterol: 65mg
Keywords: salad, southwestern, cilantro lime dressing, chicken, mini sweet peppers