Ready in only 15 minutes, this easy Korean Beef Bowl recipe is fresh and flavorful! It's made with ground beef cooked in the BEST simple sauce.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce (or coconut aminos for gluten-free)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional, for spice)
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
For serving (optional):
- Chopped green onions
- Grated carrots
- Sliced cucumbers
- Sesame seeds
- Make the sauce: in a small bowl, stir together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes (optional, for spice), and black pepper.
- Cook the beef: add oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, add the beef and let it brown, undisturbed, for 1 - 2 minutes. Then crumble the beef and cook 2 - 3 minutes more, until browned. Drain any excess grease.
- Add sauce: pour the sauce into the pan with the beef. Simmer for 2 - 3 minutes, until the sauce is thickened and the beef is cooked. Simmer longer for a thicker sauce.
- Serve: serve warm, optionally over rice garnished with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve with a side of grated carrots and sliced cucumbers.
- Dietary Note: this recipe is naturally dairy free and can be gluten free if you swap out the soy sauce for coconut aminos or Tamari sauce.
- Nutrition Information: calculations below only include beef and sauce (not rice or optional sides/toppings)
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Calories: 296
- Sugar: 9g
- Sodium: 607mg
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2g
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 0.4g
- Protein: 35.6g
- Cholesterol: 101mg
Keywords: korean beef bowls, ground beef, rice