Once you learn how to freeze bananas, you'll want a frozen stash of them in your freezer at all times! Freezing bananas is a great way to save bananas if you can't eat them in time and to ensure you always have some for smoothies, baking, etc.
- 4 ripe or overripe bananas
- Peel: peel your bananas.
- Cut: cut the bananas into your preferred size: leave them whole, cut them into halves, or cut them into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Freeze: place the bananas on a parchment paper lined baking sheet in your freezer for 30 minutes - 1 hour, until frozen solid. Small pieces of banana will take closer to 30 minutes while whole bananas take about 1 hour.
- Add to container: transfer the bananas to an airtight container or Ziploc bag. If using a bag, remove as much air as possible.
- Store: freeze for up to 3 - 6 months. It's recommended to eat bananas within 3 months for best flavor and to prevent browning.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: How To
Keywords: how to freeze, how to freeze bananas