This easy potato salad is a classic, family-favorite recipe that will have everyone asking you to share the recipe! It's creamy, flavorful, and super simple to make.
- 2 - 2 ½ pounds potatoes (gold, red or Russet potatoes), peeled or unpeeled and cut into quarters
- 1 ½ cups mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard (or yellow mustard)
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- ¼ teaspoons black pepper
- 5 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 3 ribs celery, diced
- 5 green onions, chopped (white & green parts)
- Boil the potatoes: add the potatoes to a large pot and fill it with cold water until the water covers the potatoes by about 1 inch. Add 1 teaspoon of salt to the water. Bring the pot to a boil. Boil the potatoes for 15 - 20 minutes, until tender when pierced with a fork. Drain and set aside.
- Make the dressing: while the potatoes cook, in a large bowl stir together: mayonnaise, lemon juice, dijon mustard, garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt and pepper.
- Mix: once the potatoes have cooled, cut them into roughly ½ inch pieces. Add the potatoes to the bowl with the mayonnaise along with the eggs, celery, and green onions. Stir gently to mix.
- Serve: serve cold, optionally topped with a sprinkle of paprika or chopped chives.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: eggs, mayonnaise, potato salad