This easy chicken pad Thai recipe uses simple ingredients and the BEST sauce. If you're craving Thai food or takeout, this will be a new homemade favorite.
About This Recipe
This recipe is an easy way to make pad Thai that uses easily-found ingredients (nothing too obscure)!
It has all the flavor of an authentic pad Thai, with a couple small adjustments to the sauce. The sauce is a mix of traditional pad Thai fish sauce plus Thai peanut sauce. It's GOOD.
This dish is full of bold flavor, sweetness, and a little spice! It's ideal as dinner on a busy night (ready in only 35 minutes) or for a night in when you're craving a healthier version of takeout.
How to Make Easy Chicken Pad Thai
This is an easy way to make pad Thai because you'll cook each component separately and then add them all together to make your finished dish.
You'll cook your noodles, chicken, vegetables, and egg; and then add everything together and toss it with the sauce.
Tips & Tricks for This Recipe
- Noodles: pad Thai rice noodles are best for this recipe but you can substitute any flat rice noodle or fettuccini.
- Use toppings: this recipe is tasty on its own, but the toppings add a lot of extra fresh flavor and texture. We love this recipe with cilantro, peanuts, and red onions on top.
- Slicing the chicken: when slicing your chicken, slice it as thin as possible, against the grain & at an angle.
How to Store Chicken Pad Thai
- In the fridge: store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 - 3 days.
- In the freezer: it's not recommended to freeze this recipe because the texture will change.