Ready in only 20 minutes, this easy chicken caprese salad is a classic combination of Italian-inspired flavors. It's a twist on a traditional caprese salad, adding chicken, avocado, lettuce, and a 4-ingredient balsamic dressing.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning (or oregano)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 - 6 cups romaine lettuce
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup mozzarella pearls
- ⅓ cup chopped basil leaves
Balsamic Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 chicken cutlets. Season the chicken on both sides with Italian seasoning.
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add the chicken and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through to 165°F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or stir the dressing ingredients until emulsified (fully mixed and thickened).
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl. Drizzle of the dressing as desired on top and toss to mix. Serve immediately.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Italian inspired
Keywords: caprese, salad, chicken, tomato, mozzarella, basil, main, side, lunch, dinner, meal prep, easy, balsamic, summer, spring, green, romaine, big, italian, mediterranean