This shaved brussels sprout salad is full of fall-inspired ingredients like apples, pecans and cranberries tossed in a simple lemon vinaigrette. It's an easy, show-stopping side salad that's perfect for your dinner table or holiday menu.
- 1 lb brussels sprouts*
- 1 large honeycrisp apple, chopped (or gala apple)
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ⅓ cup shredded parmesan
- ⅓ cup chopped pecans
- ¼ cup red onion
Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup fresh lemon juice (about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon dijon
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Shred your brussels sprouts: trim off the root end, remove any tough outer leaves, and then thinly chop your brussels sprouts. You can do this with a knife, mandolin, or food processor.
- Mix the dressing: in a small bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients.
- Make the salad: add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl, drizzle the dressing on top and toss to coat.
- Marinate: let the salad sit for at least 10 minutes covered in the fridge before serving.
*You can also buy a bag of pre-shredded brussels sprouts. You'll need about 6 cups total.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Chill Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish, Salad
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/8th of recipe
- Calories: 195
- Sugar: 8g
- Sodium: 218mg
- Fat: 10.3g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9g
- Carbohydrates: 17.1g
- Fiber: 6.7g
- Protein: 5.3g
- Cholesterol: 2mg
Keywords: brussels sprout, apple, cranberry, brussel sprout, pecans, lemon vinaigrette, fall, thanksgiving, christmas, side salad, holiday, autumn, healthy, shaved, chopped