Not only is this Mediterranean quinoa salad beautiful — it's tasty and good for you too! This salad is satisfying, nutritious, and easy to make with a simple olive oil dressing.
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- 2 ½ cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 ½ cups cucumber
- ¾ cups diced red onion
- ¾ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup black olives, sliced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
For the dressing:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Cook the quinoa: rinse your quinoa in a fine mesh strainer. Add it to 2 cups of water in a medium saucepan over high heat. Bring to a boil, cover, and turn the heat to low. Let the quinoa simmer for 15 minutes, until cooked.
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, mix together the ingredients for the dressing.
- Mix: Let the quinoa cool slightly and then add it to a large bowl with the remaining salad ingredients. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to mix. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve: for best flavor, chill your salad for 10 minutes or more (covered, in the fridge) before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Category: Main Course, Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Mediterranean
Keywords: mediterranean, quinoa, salad, feta, olive oil dressing, olives, chickpeas