This is the viral Jennifer Aniston Salad recipe that it's rumored she ate every day for 10 years while filming Friends. This salad is SO tasty and nutritious it's easy to see how you could eat it every day!
- 1 cup bulgur wheat (or quinoa), uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped (about 1 cucumber)
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- ½ cup roasted and salted pistachios, chopped
- ⅓ cup parsley, chopped
- ⅓ cup mint, chopped
- ⅓ cup red onion, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons, juiced (5 tablespoons)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Cook 1 cup of bulgur wheat (or quinoa) with 2 cups of water according to the package instructions. The bulgur should be cooked through and all of the water absorbed. Set aside to cool.
- In a small bowl, stir together the dressing ingredients.
- Add all of the salad ingredients, including the cooled bulgur to a large bowl. Drizzle the dressing on top and toss to combine. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper, or lemon as preferred.
- Enjoy! For best flavor, refrigerate 1 - 2 hours before eating. Store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 - 5 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Serving Size: 1/5 of recipe
- Calories: 394
- Sugar: 2.6g
- Sodium: 445mg
- Fat: 20.5g
- Saturated Fat: 4.6g
- Carbohydrates: 42.1g
- Fiber: 8.9g
- Protein: 12.1g
- Cholesterol: 13mg
Keywords: bulgur wheat, quinoa, feta, viral recipe, cucumber, chickpeas, mediterranean inspired