These honey sriracha meatballs are baked turkey meatballs coated in a thick sweet and spicy sauce. They're ready in only 30 minutes and full of Asian-inspired flavors. Perfect as a quick and healthy dinner or meal prep.
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 ½ teaspoon low sodium soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten-free)
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce (or Tamari for gluten-free)
- ¼ cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Sesame seeds
- Green onions
- White rice
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, mix together the ingredients for the meatballs.
- Form meatballs by scooping with a spoon or cookie scoop balls that are about 1 - 1.5 tablespoons large. Place them on a parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 - 25 minutes, until they are lightly browned on top and cooked through.
- While the meatballs cook, mix together all of the ingredients for the sauce except for the cornstarch in a medium bowl.
- Pour the sauce into a large skillet over medium high heat. Bring the sauce to a boil. Make a cornstarch slurry by mixing together 1 tablespoon of cornstarch and 1 tablespoon of water in a small bowl. Stir the slurry into the sauce and reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Simmer the sauce for 4 - 5 minutes, until thickened. Stir often. If desired, taste and add more Sriracha for spice. Some brands of Sriracha are spicier than others so be sure to taste before adding more.
- Once the meatballs are cooked, add them to the skillet and toss to coat them in the sauce.
- Serve immediately, optionally over white rice and topped with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Spice: some brands of Sriracha sauce are spicier than others. If you want a less spicy dish, add less Sriracha to the meatballs and sauce. Taste the sauce as you make it and add more if you want to dial up the spice.
- Making the meatballs: lightly wet your hands before forming the meatballs to prevent them from sticking.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Oven Baked & Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 290
- Sugar: 17.9g
- Sodium: 690mg
- Fat: 9.3g
- Saturated Fat: 2.9g
- Carbohydrates: 25.8g
- Fiber: 0.5g
- Protein: 25.1g
- Cholesterol: 122mg
Keywords: meatballs, Asian, Sriracha, honey, meal prep, sauce