This Greek salad with chicken is easy to make and full of fresh, bold flavors. It also uses a classic Greek dressing, which doubles as a marinade for the chicken.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts (about 1 pound)
- 5 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 1 cup diced English cucumber (from 1 cucumber)
- ½ cup sliced kalamata olives
- ½ cup cubed feta
- ½ cup sliced red onion (about ¼ of onion)
- 2 tomatoes, chopped (garden, plum or Roma tomatoes)
- 1 avocado, sliced
- ¼ cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Lemon wedges, optional for serving
Greek Dressing & Marinade:
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice (from 1 large lemon)
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dijon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Cut the chicken: slice the chicken breasts in half horizontally to make 4 chicken cutlets.
- Mix the dressing: in a small bowl, add all of the dressing ingredients and stir or whisk until emulsified and completely mixed.
- Marinate the chicken: In an airtight container, add ¼ cup of the dressing to the chicken and marinate for 30 minutes to 2 hours.
- Cook the chicken: heat a large skillet over medium high heat. Place the chicken in the skillet and cook for 5-6 minutes on each side, until cooked through to 165°F. Let the chicken rest for 10 minutes and then slice into thin strips.
- Make the salad: add all of the salad ingredients, including the cooked chicken, to a large bowl.
- Add the dressing: drizzle as much of the dressing as desired over the top and toss to mix.
- Serve: serve immediately. Optionally, garnish with a sprinkle of oregano and lemon wedges for serving.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: Greek
- Serving Size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 469
- Sugar: 4.2g
- Sodium: 487mg
- Fat: 40.7g
- Saturated Fat: 7.9g
- Carbohydrates: 13.3g
- Fiber: 5.7g
- Protein: 17.3g
- Cholesterol: 44mg
Keywords: salad, mediterranean, greek, feta, olives, chicken, avocado, greek dressing, dinner, meal, lettuce, lunch, meal prep