This easy macaroni salad is a classic side dish that's always a crowd favorite! It's a traditional mix of macaroni noodles and finely chopped vegetables in a light and flavorful mayonnaise-based dressing.
- 1 pound uncooked elbow macaroni
- 3 stalks celery, finely diced
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- ½ cup minced red onion
For the dressing:
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ½ cup plain greek yogurt (or sour cream)
- 2 tablespoons dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 3 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of black pepper
- Cook the macaroni: cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Strain and rinse it under cold water.
- Make the dressing: while the macaroni cooks, stir together the dressing ingredients in a medium bowl.
- Mix the salad: add all of the salad ingredients, including the macaroni, to a large bowl and stir in the dressing. Taste and season with additional salt, pepper, or honey (for sweetness) as desired.
- Serve: for best flavor, chill in the fridge for an hour before serving.
- Greek yogurt: use whole-fat (instead of non-fat) plain Greek yogurt. Sour cream can also be used instead.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Salad, Side Dish
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
- Serving Size: 1/10th of recipe
- Calories: 283
- Sugar: 6.2g
- Sodium: 459mg
- Fat: 8.7g
- Saturated Fat: 1.3g
- Carbohydrates: 44.2g
- Fiber: 2.1g
- Protein: 7.3g
- Cholesterol: 6mg
Keywords: macaroni salad, pasta, mayonnaise dressing, bbq, side dish, summer, holiday, noodles