Ready in only 20 minutes, this creamy hummus pasta is a fun twist on a traditional pasta salad. It uses classic, Italian pasta salad ingredients that are tossed in a creamy hummus sauce for some added flavor and nutrition!
- 16 ounces rotini pasta (or penne, bow ties)
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 medium cucumber, thinly chopped
- ¾ cup sliced black olives, drained
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup hummus (plain, garlic, or roasted red pepper)
- ¼ cup Italian vinaigrette (optional)
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
- Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente (still slightly firm in the middle of the noodles, not overcooked or mushy). Set aside 1 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
- Add the pasta to a large bowl and stir in the hummus, Italian vinaigrette (optional), and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water.
- Add the olives, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and parsley to the bowl. Stir to mix, adding more pasta water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
- Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 - 4 days. Optionally, sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Italian Inspired
- Calories: 407
- Sugar: 5.4
- Sodium: 788
- Fat: 13.9
- Saturated Fat: 2.1
- Carbohydrates: 58.9
- Fiber: 4.2
- Protein: 13
- Cholesterol: 55
Keywords: cold, hummus, pasta, salad