Fresh, festive, and super easy — you'll want to make this Cowboy Caviar on repeat. Serve it plain as a side dish or (my favorite!) as a dip for tortilla chips.
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 cup black eyed peas
- ¼ chopped cup cilantro
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- In a small bowl, mix together the dressing ingredients.
- Add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and drizzle the dressing on top.
- Enjoy! Serve plain or as a dip for tortilla chips. Optionally, refrigerate 10 - 15 minutes before serving to let the flavors marinate.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: No Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: cowboy caviar, texas caviar, topping, dip, black eyed peas