This coconut chickpea curry is an easy, satisfying meal ready in only 20 minutes. It's full of traditional red curry flavors and is made with a creamy coconut base.
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- Cook garlic & ginger: in a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the garlic and ginger in 1 tablespoon oil (coconut oil or olive oil). Stir and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
- Add curry paste: add curry paste to the skillet and stir into the garlic and ginger.
- Add remaining ingredients: stir in the coconut milk and chickpeas.
- Simmer: lightly simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve: serve warm, optionally with a side of white rice and topped with chopped cilantro.
- Coconut milk: you can use regular or lite coconut milk. Regular coconut milk will make a creamier curry.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Cuisine: Indian Inspired
Keywords: chickpea, coconut milk, curry