This Christmas Salad is an easy but impressive side dish that's full of seasonal toppings and served with a bright, sweet Orange Vinaigrette. Serving it in a wreath design isn't necessary, but adds a festive touch!
- 6 cups spring mix
- 1 orange, peeled & diced
- ½ cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup parmesan flakes
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice (from about 1 large orange)
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon orange zest (from about 1 large orange)
- ¼ teaspoon dijon
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients until emulsified, fully combined and thickened.
- Optional wreath design: if you have a large platter, place the dressing in a small bowl in the center and layer your salad around it to look like a wreath (this is not necessary, but looks pretty)!
- Make the salad: make your salad by layering the lettuce first and then sprinkling all of the toppings over it.
- Serving recommendations: if serving the salad from a large bowl, toss it in the dressing just before serving. Use as much of the dressing as desired. If serving the salad from the ‘wreath’ design, serve your salad as-is and drizzle the dressing over the salad once it's plated.
- Note: I used a mandolin to slice my parmesan cheese thinly. A sharp knife would also work for this.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: holiday, christmas, salad, orange, orange vinaigrette, pomegranate, cranberries, winter, fall, wreath, walnuts