Every bite of this black eyed pea salad is full of bold, fresh flavors. It's easy to make in about 10 minutes and can be served plain or as a dip for chips.
- 1 yellow bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 ½ cups black eyed peas
- 1 ½ cups diced cucumber (about 1 cucumber)
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 2 roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- ⅓ cup chopped cilantro
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 lime, juiced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Make the dressing: in a small bowl, stir together the olive oil, white wine vinegar, honey, lime juice, salt and pepper.
- Mix the salad: add the salad ingredients to a medium bowl and toss with the dressing. Taste and season with additional salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve: for best flavor, cover and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hour (or overnight) before serving. Can be served plain or as a dip for chips (highly recommended)!
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 0 minutes
- Category: Side Dish
Keywords: black eyed pea, salsa, salad, mexican, cilantro, spicy, dip, side dish, summer, winter, New Year, New Year's, party, appetizer, jalapeno