This loaded BBQ Chicken Salad is quick, easy, and so satisfying! It's drizzled with a creamy, thick homemade ranch dressing that's a healthier version of classic ranch and uses Greek yogurt as the base.
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- ¾ cup barbecue sauce*
- 5 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 bell pepper, chopped
- 1 avocado, diced
- ⅓ cup sliced red onion
- ¼ cup chopped cilantro, optional
- 1 cup plain greek yogurt (whole fat, not non-fat)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried dill
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Cook the chicken: preheat the oven to 425°F. Place the chicken on a parchment paper or foil-lined baking sheet. Bake for 20 - 25 minutes, until cooked. The chicken should be cooked through, no longer pink in the middle and have an internal temperature of 165°F.
- Make the dressing: while the chicken cooks, mix your dressing. Add all of the ingredients except for the water to a small bowl and stir. Add 2 - 3 tablespoons of water (or more), until the dressing reaches your desired thickness.
- Cut the chicken: remove the chicken from the oven, let it rest for 10 minutes and then cut it into bite-sized pieces. Toss the chicken in the barbecue sauce until coated.
- Mix the salad: add all of the salad ingredients to a large bowl and drizzle as much as preferred of the dressing on top. Toss to mix.
- Serve: serve immediately. If preparing the salad ahead of time, wait to mix in the dressing just before serving.
*I find that a sweet, dark BBQ sauce works best for this recipe (like Sweet Baby Ray's®).
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Category: Salad
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, bbq, romaine, lettuce, ranch, healthy, dressing, yogurt dressing, barbecue, salad