These Asian lettuce wraps are ready in only 15 minutes and use the BEST ground turkey filling! They're an easy, healthy copycat of the famous PF Chang's lettuce wraps.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or sesame oil)
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 (8 oz) can water chestnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup green onions, white & light green plus additional green for serving
- 1 head bib lettuce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- Make the sauce: in a small bowl, stir together the garlic, ginger, soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, peanut butter red, pepper flakes (optional, for spice), and black pepper.
- Cook the turkey: add the oil to a large skillet over medium high heat. Once hot, cook and crumble the turkey for 5 - 7 minutes until browned and cooked through. Drain any excess grease.
- Add the sauce: pour the sauce into the skillet. Toss the turkey to coat it in the sauce and cook for 1 - 2 minutes.
- Add water chestnuts and green onions: stir water chestnuts and green onions into the skillet, cooking and stirring for 1 - 2 minutes. Reserve some chopped green onions for garnish (optional).
- Serve: serve warm on the bib lettuce leaves.
- To make this recipe gluten-free: swap out the soy sauce for coconut aminos or Tamari sauce.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Asian-Inspired
- Serving Size: ¼ of recipe
- Calories: 364
- Sugar: 9.8g
- Sodium: 648mg
- Fat: 14.1g
- Saturated Fat: 3.5g
- Carbohydrates: 33.7g
- Fiber: 1.1g
- Protein: 26.3g
- Cholesterol: 81mg
Keywords: asian, ground turkey, lettuce wrap, takeout, copycat