Avocado Hot Chocolate
Delicious, rich hot chocolate made even creamier by adding avocado. Once you try it this way, you'll never want to go back to regular hot chocolate!
Servings: 1 serving
- 1 cup oat milk
- 1 ½ tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- Generous sprinkle of cinnamon
- ½ avocado
Heat: in a small sauce pan over medium-high heat, add the milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, and cinnamon. Heat until hot and about to boil.
Blend: add the mixture from the saucepan (carefully) to your blender or food processor. Add the avocado and pulse until combined and creamy.
Serve: serve immediately. If preferred, add additional sweetener (maple syrup or otherwise) to taste.
- Maple syrup: maple syrup can be swapped for your preferred sweetener in this recipe (like honey, agave, stevia, coconut sugar, etc.)
- Milk: oat milk is recommended for this recipe because it's creamy + sweet. You can swap it for 1 cup of your preferred milk.
- Avocado: add 1 whole avocado for a creamier hot chocolate