Coconut Chickpea Curry Recipe
This coconut chickpea curry is an easy, satisfying meal ready in only 20 minutes. It's full of traditional red curry flavors and is made with a creamy coconut base.
Servings: 2 servings
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 (13.5 oz) can coconut milk
- 1 (15 oz) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
Cook garlic & ginger: in a large skillet over medium high heat, cook the garlic and ginger in 1 tablespoon oil (coconut oil or olive oil). Stir and cook for 1 minute, until fragrant.
Add curry paste: add curry paste to the skillet and stir into the garlic and ginger.
Add remaining ingredients: stir in the coconut milk and chickpeas.
Simmer: lightly simmer for 10 - 15 minutes, until thickened. Season with salt & pepper to taste.
Serve: serve warm, optionally with a side of white rice and topped with chopped cilantro.
- Coconut milk: you can use regular or lite coconut milk. Regular coconut milk will make a creamier curry.