Ready in only 20 minutes, this creamy hummus pasta is a fun twist on a traditional pasta salad. It uses classic, Italian pasta salad ingredients that are tossed in a creamy hummus sauce for some added flavor and nutrition!
- 16 ounces rotini pasta (or penne, bow ties)
- 1 ½ cups halved cherry tomatoes (or grape tomatoes)
- 1 medium cucumber thinly chopped
- ¾ cup sliced black olives drained
- ¾ cup diced red onion
- ⅓ cup chopped parsley
- 1 cup hummus (plain, garlic, or roasted red pepper)
- ¼ cup Italian vinaigrette (optional)
- 1 lemon juiced
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Cook the pasta according to the package instructions until al dente (still slightly firm in the middle of the noodles, not overcooked or mushy). Set aside 1 cup of the pasta water and then drain the pasta.
Add the pasta to a large bowl and stir in the hummus, Italian vinaigrette (optional), and ¼ cup of the reserved pasta water.
Add the olives, red onion, tomatoes, cucumber and parsley to the bowl. Stir to mix, adding more pasta water if needed to reach your desired consistency.
Stir in the juice of 1 lemon and season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3 - 4 days. Optionally, sprinkle with red pepper flakes before serving.