Mediterranean Chickpea Salad
A simple, refreshing salad that's full of fresh ingredients and bright, Mediterranean-inspired flavors. Ready in about 10 minutes & tossed in a classic olive oil + lemon dressing.
Servings: 8 servings
For the salad:
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 1 medium cucumber chopped
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ½ red onion thinly sliced
- ¾ cup crumbled feta
- ½ cup whole kalamata olives pitted
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
For the dressing:
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper to taste
In a small bowl, stir together the ingredients for the dressing: olive oil, lemon juice, garlic powder, salt & pepper.
In a large bowl, add all of the ingredients for the salad: chickpeas, cucumber, tomatoes, red onion, feta, olives, and parsley.
Pour the dressing over the salad and stir to mix. Taste and season with additional salt & pepper if desired.
For best flavor, store covered in the fridge for 1 hour before serving to let the flavors marinate. Store leftovers in the fridge, covered, for up to 5 days.
- Note: garbanzo beans and chickpeas are the same - when shopping for canned chickpeas they may be labeled as garbanzo beans.