Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts
These easy oven-roasted maple bacon brussels sprouts are sweet, crispy, and always a crowd-pleaser. Everything cooks on 1 sheet pan in the oven for a quick but impressive side dish!
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 pound brussels sprouts sliced in half*
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 slices thick bacon chopped
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Optionally, line a medium baking sheet with foil for easy clean up.
Place the brussels sprouts and bacon on the baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and maple syrup. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Toss to coat and arrange in a single layer.
Bake for 30 - 40 minutes, flipping halfway through to ensure even baking. Drain any excess liquid for crispier brussels sprouts. The brussels sprouts should be tender and the outer leaves caramelized from the syrup. Depending on the size of your sprouts and personal preference, cooking time may vary. Test for doneness starting around 30 minutes.
Serve immediately, optionally topped with a drizzle more of maple syrup.
- *If some of your brussels sprouts are very large you can chop them into quarters for more even cooking
- Note: cook time tends to vary greatly with this recipe. The best way to know when your brussels sprouts are done is to poke one with a fork (they should be tender all the way through) and then continue cooking for personal preference (cook longer if you like your sprouts crispier).