This Homemade Chicken Nuggets with Panko Breadcrumbs recipe is simple, tasty, and always crispy. This is a go-to recipe that’s ready in 30 minutes a favorite for both kids & adults!
- 1 ½ cups panko breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- In a medium bowl, stir together the panko breadcrumbs, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, and salt & pepper to taste.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the eggs.
- Prepare the nuggets: dip each nugget into the eggs and then into the panko breadcrumbs. The nuggets should be covered with egg and then breadcrumbs on all sides. Set aside the coated nuggets. You may not use all of the breadcrumbs or eggs.
- Cook the nuggets: heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the nuggets to the skillet in a single layer (cook in batches if necessary, adding 1 – 2 tablespoon of oil each time you add nuggets to the pan). Cook the nuggets for 5 – 7 minutes, flipping to brown them on all sides. If your nuggets start to become dry, add more oil to the pan.
- Enjoy immediately with your favorite dipping sauces like ketchup, honey mustard, or BBQ sauce.
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chicken, easy, kid's dinner